People Moving and Handling – Our Courses
Training can be carried out in house, at your venue across the UK.
Incorrect or controversial People Moving and Handling techniques could seriously injure you and/ or your patient. Update your knowledge and techniques with this fantastic training course and protect both yourself, and your patients from injury or discomfort.
- Move and handle people in a way that requires the least amount of effort
- Move and handle people in a way that provides greater comfort and dignity to the patient or resident
- Understand manual handling legislation as it applies to Healthcare
- Gain a better understanding of spinal mechanics
- Look after your own back and that of patients / residents
- Conduct a personal risk assessment for patients / residents
- Safely move people with and without the use of specialist equipment
- Manual Handling Responsibilities and the Law
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Safe Lifting Techniques – L.I.T.E
- Lifting Objects
- Key Elements of People Moving
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving
- People Moving – Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
- People Moving Equipment
- People Moving – Controversial Techniques
- People Moving – Good Techniques
- Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving
OVERALL COURSE BENEFITS
At the end of the training course, you will have the competence to provide correct people handling techniques so that risks are reduced to yourself and patients/residents.