Mental Capacity Act / DOLS Course
Training can be carried out in house, at your venue across the UK.
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) were introduced with the aim of reinforcing the protection of vulnerable adults in care settings; they therefore form the guidelines of care for all professionals involved in the health and social care sector. Delegates will come away from this course with a working knowledge of the MCA and its relationship with DOLS, thus understanding how they can ensure that their every-day activities comply with both acts.
Outline of Programme:
- Understanding the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- What is mental capacity?
- When should we assess mental capacity?
- How do we assess mental capacity?
- Carer liability
- Advance decision
- What is Deprivation of Liberty
- How are Deprivation of Liberties assessments carried out?
Mental Capacity Act and DOLS awareness takes around 2 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.