Training can be carried out in house, at your venue across the UK.
WHY DO YOU NEED THIS COURSE?
There are over 850,000 people living with Dementia in the UK. The continued increase in life expectancy mean this figure is expected to rise annually.
This Dementia Awareness Training Course will refresh your existing knowledge of Dementia and ensure you have the latest updates on advancements and treatments.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to understand:
- The main diseases which cause dementia
- How to recognise the early and later signs of dementia
- The importance of early diagnosis
- The stigma around Dementia
- The theory of person-centred dementia care and how to put this into practice
- The importance of involving family members and offering support
- How to communicate appropriately with someone with dementia
- How to care for someone who is displaying challenging behaviour
- The role of medication
- The key principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Dementia Facts
- Anatomy of the Brain
- Main Types of Dementia
- Early Diagnosis
- Later Symptoms + Behaviours
- Changing Attitudes
- Person-Centred Dementia Care
- Person-Centred Care in Practice
- Challenging Behaviours
- The Mental Capacity Act
OVERALL COURSE BENEFITS
Dementia Awareness is a 1-day training course which has been designed to refresh, update and reinforce confidence when looking after patients living with Dementia. It will ensure you are able to provide the best support and care to them and their families.