Visit our online e-learning section for additional accredited courses and instant certification.
Sports First Aid Course – 1 or 2 days
Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the candidate. Those who complete the course successfully are awarded a certificate that is valid for three years which entitles the candidate to be a First Aider.
There are no pre-requisites to attend this course.
With the rise in awareness of the use of Defibrillators (AEDs) especially in sports environments this course includes full Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training, in accordance with the UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
- A systematic approach to incident management using both primary and secondary surveys (ABCDE)
- Vital Signs
- Monitoring conscious casualties
- Unconsciousness, causes and treatment using safe airway positions
- External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock
- CPR Resuscitation procedures, including multi-person CPR
- Defibrillation and AED use
- Assessing and treating common sports trauma injuries – head, neck, spine & limb
- Manual spinal immobilisation techniques
- Various techniques to roll a casualty with minimal spinal movement
- Recognition of concussion – use of Maddock’s questions / Pocket CRT
- Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains – when to and when not to use ice
- Cease to play decisions following on field assessment using SALTAPS
- What to put in your first aid kit
This course includes using manual immobilisation techniques to manage suspected spinal injuries.