Medical Gases Course
Medical gas should only be given by staff who are:
- Trained in the administration of medical gas & basic life support.
- Familiar with the side effects of medical gases.
- Aware of the criteria for patient selection and exclusion.
The aim of this medical gases course is to ensure:
- Medical gases are administered safely & effectively.
- To reduce the likelihood of side effects and complications.
- To give students a greater understanding of oxygen therapy.
- Reasons for not giving Oxygen.
- Teach students about the different illnesses that could require oxygen therapy.
- The use of bag and mask.
- Correct use of OPA (Oral Pharyngeal Airways).
- The use of suction.
- The use of analgesic gas.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
Course length: 3 hrs
Qualification achieved: Medical Gases Certificate