Medical gas should only be given by
staff who are:
- Trained in the administration
of medical gas & basic life support.
- Familiar with the side
effects of medical gases.
- Aware of the criteria for
patient selection and exclusion.
The aim of this course is to
- Medical gases are
administered safely & effectively.
- To reduce the likelihood of
side effects and complications.
- To give students a greater
understanding of oxygen therapy.
- Reasons for not giving
- Teach students about the
different illnesses that could require oxygen therapy.
- The use of bag and
- Correct use of OPA (Oral
- The use of
- The use of analgesic
- Cleaning and maintenance of
Course length: 3
achieved: Medical Gases Certificate