First Aid at Work Course (3 day)
All our trainers are experienced Paramedics as well as qualified trainers, which ensures informative, real life training.
By arrangement the training course can be run after hours as well as on weekends.
This is an approved syllabus, in compliance with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and in accordance with the Health and Safety Regulations 1981.
Once qualified, holders of this certificate can be used as responders in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Our FAW syllabus is as follows:
- the role of the first-aider
- assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- recovery positions
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- administer first aid to a casualty with suspected fractures
- administer first aid to a casualty who has been burned (chemical/ thermal)
- medical conditions (asthma, diabetes, seizures etc)
- administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- eye injuries;
- anaphylactic shock;
- recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, fainting, intoxication, head injuries etc) and provide appropriate first aid.
- first Aid kits
- legal aspects
NOTE: ADDITIONAL CONTENT CAN BE ADDED DEPENDENT ON YOUR WORK CIRCUMSTANCES
Prices quoted are for group bookings.