Visit our online e-learning section for additional accredited courses and instant certification.
Manual Handling of Objects – 3 Hours
Injuries caused by poor lifting techniques are one of the most common causes of prolonged time off work in the UK. So much so, that manual handling training is now likely to be compulsory training in any workplace expecting staff members to lift inanimate objects as part of their job role. Failure to properly adhere to this training is in the long run both costly to the individual and their company!
Our training is flexible and can be tailored to the specific activities and equipment used in your workplace. We are able to come to you to deliver your training on-site.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Understand the importance of correct manual handling.
- Manual handling operations which are hazardous to health.
- How to prevent injury and harm from manual handling.
- Legal requirements with regards to manual handling operations in the workplace.
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice.
This course takes approximately half a day (3 hours) to complete. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of involved group activities. Our trainers are very experienced and will be able to help guide delegates throughout the session. A certificate will be awarded on completion of the course.