Visit our online e-learning section for additional accredited courses and instant certification.
Fire Marshal Training / Fire Warden Training
Fire marshal / Warden 4 hrs
This course is designed for any members of staff who are looking to become the designated fire warden for their workplace. Delegates will learn about causes and effects of fires, as well as how to prevent their spread and implement necessary emergency procedures. The course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and can be combined with our fire extinguisher practical course for a more intensive training experience to cover all fire risks.
Outline of Programme
- The role of the fire marshal and responsibilities.
- Relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Preventing fires and the spread of them within buildings.
- Fighting fires with both fixed installations and portable extinguishers.
- Fire hazards and causes of fires.
- Emergency protocol, including evacuation, emergency lighting and assembly points.
- Fire alarms, fire drills and safety training.
- Fire risk assessment.
- Understanding categories of fire and how they differ.
- Meaning of the colour codes on fire extinguishers.
- Regular fire safety inspections and keeping a fire log.
The fire marshalling training course takes around 4 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.