Visit our online e-learning section for additional accredited courses and instant certification.
Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
The 6 hour (1 day) Emergency First Aid at Work training can be carried out in house, at your venue across the UK, for 3 or more candidates and is compliant with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Health and Safety at Work Regulations for Appointed Persons in the Workplace. This course also meets the requirements of:
- the Department for Children, Schools and Families for Schools requirements.
- Construction workers
- Girlguiding / Scouting organizations
- Office working environments
- Lone workers
- Care Providers
- Primary Care Trusts (Dental, GP etc)
All our trainers are experienced Paramedics as well as qualified trainers, which ensures informative, real life training.
Our EFAW syllabus is as follows:
- the role of the first-aider
- assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and
effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- recovery positions
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- administer first aid to a casualty with suspected fractures
- administer first aid to a casualty who has been burned (chemical / thermal)
- medical conditions (asthma, diabetes, seizures etc)
- first Aid kits
- legal aspects
Prices quoted are for group bookings.